About Me

My photo
- "A life without a bit of craziness is not worth living". - I'm a thinker, even though I often live life with less thinking. - "Rules are made to be broken."

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Choices

Yesterday mattered
Tomorrow's gone.
You won the battle, but lost the war.

Live as if today is your last day
Don't let the hatred poison your way.
Victim by fate, survivor by strength,
My greatest wealth is 
just feeling content.

Each deep breath that I take
Fills my lungs with life. 
I'm grateful for smiling
each tear that I cried.

I feel my minutes slip through my fingers
Wasting my life each moment I linger.
Choices I make, they
make me or break me
If gold is God, then I'm still a slave. 
Looking so shiny, makes my palms tickle
Master, I swear I'll behave!
Yesterday's $ is worth a nickel,
Wisdom seemed frail (penny for your thoughts)
Yet it's gold. (Smarts can win you lots)

Yes, I want power and I want riches 
But time is a hunter
And this animal's dead.
So I take comfort over all riches,
I'll let go grudges to be content.

No comments: