About Me

My photo
- "A life without a bit of craziness is not worth living". - I'm a thinker, even though I often live life with less thinking. - "Rules are made to be broken."

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A better me


I’m not dumb enough to be lucky and I’m not smart enough to be to be rich. I’m not the kind that wins the lottery and I’m not the kind that always succeeds in any venture I try. I’ve had more misfortune than dumb luck. But I must’ve been lucky enough if I learned how to survive my misfortunes. My kind of luck is the one where the worse that can happen is death and the best that can happen is happiness. And quite frankly, I think it’s worth risking life for even a mere moment of happiness. Cause it must be terribly lucky to achieve happiness when even winning a lottery has better odds.
Life does allow mistakes. Not many and not many huge ones; but life… allows you to mistake.
If I fall, it means I tried.
I don’t care if they laugh at me; it’s not about them, it’s about pushing myself – my limits and my abilities. Until I dare to become a better me. It’s not about what I can’t do. It’s about what I don’t want or I don’t dare to do. So I will try to ski that big slope every time I go out there; because every time I will fall it will be a lesson. And then I will fall less and less until I will ski it all without falling even once.
That slope is just like any other hurtles in my life. Why should I be ashamed to say I got it wrong? If your advice can help me get it right the next time I try I’d rather be there yelling I’m learning and I got it all wrong. How do you get it right and how many times did you fall before daring to go on the big slope?  And when I make it once you might have to start working harder to keep up with me. I’ll be so much better because I learned from falling and I learned from you. And you will be proud of me because you helped me be as good as even I once almost doubted I could be.
Thank you for making me see that through our differences I have an opportunity to become a better me by building on our similarities.

Denisa Dobrin (Sept. 25, 2007)

No comments: